St Paul's Academy was allocated £16,198 in funding as part of the Year 7 Catch-Up Premium Funding Initiative for 2016-2017.
54 students from the current cohort achieved a KS2 Scaled Score below 100 in 2016.
Spending of the Year 7 Catch Up funding included:
- Provision of dedicated 'progress' classes with a very high teacher: student ratio in English and Maths
- Students in English 'progress' groups benefit from 4 English lessons a week
- In class support for Literacy and Numeracy with extra allocated LSA/subject specialist teacher support
- 1:2:1 LSA support in class for identified students
- Maths weekly workshop
- Specialist Dyslexia trained staff (OCR level 5 for teaching learners with Dyslexia)
- 1:2:1 and small group Literacy intervention
- 1:2:1 and small group Dyslexia sessions
- A full time Librarian has been appointed to ensure the Library is bookable by English teachers during lessons to support Literacy
- Library is stocked with a large number of accessible reading books to support Literacy interventions
- Homework Clubs